Monday, April 25, 2011

The Subtle Mind Meditation

                            

       The subtle mind meditations, focus on deep breathing techniques.  As you breath calmly and deeply you can still and calm your mind…, stabilizing your breathing directly effects your state of consciousness, controlling your breathing with deep, slow, breathing techniques can help you gain mental fitness. The breath is the focal point.

       In contrast, the loving kindness exercise was more focused on expanding your thoughts to unselfishness, unconditional love, global and universal love and unity -- in the exercise you breathed in both good and bad, negative and positive. I believe focusing on the positive is more beneficial than taking in both and then releasing the negative. I let the negative bounce off and try not to absorb it at all, and focus on only the positive, inspiring and love centered feelings and thoughts… choosing the good, and forsaking the evil… comparatively the subtle mind exercise was more focused on achieving stillness of mind, the witnessing or observing mind, which would then follow into higher states of consciousness including consciousness unity, the breath is the focal point. As you control the breathing you stabilize your mind, thoughts and heart as well as your body.


      There is a connection between spiritual wellness, mental and physical wellness, in my personal life that is made manifest, in that when I am spiritually centered and focused-- my thoughts and physical health respond to the higher state of consciousness, when I feel peace and unconditional love it is spiritually healing. I think if we put the spiritual center and core first, the mental and physical healing follows…. I think it is the equivalent of the scripture, which says, seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all else will be added unto you….
 

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    I find that when I practice with any kind of consistency, then I feel more connected spiritually. When I am healthy spiritually, then my mind is calm and my body is healthier. I find myself eating better, sleeping better, and more at peace with life. Thanks for your encouragement.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,

    I believe it's very important to practice the way we breathe and the purpose it holds because we are spiritual beings that are affected by all around us, therefore on a daily basis if we are able to make sure to "cleanse" our aura and breathe in the negative and shot out the positive energies we will have a fuller, richer life and closer to the divine.
    Being able to stay conscious of this fact is the challenge.
    Great post!

    Krystle Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I think the point of these exercises is to reach a level where there is no distiction between mind-body-spirit that it is just one continuous enegy. I think that process begins with the spirit as you said and the rest follows. I enjoyed your comments.

    ReplyDelete