Friday, April 15, 2011

Loving Kindness Meditations & Pain Transference (Dacher Tracks 1 & 2)

    I have been using the loving kindness meditations, by Dacher... overall I like them, and found them peaceful and relaxing, however the portions of the meditation that dealt with vicarious transferal of pain and suffering from a loved one to ourselves and then breathing that pain and suffering out into health and wellness...
         I have experienced this type of healing exercises before, or vicarious transference of pain and suffering to myself and then I released it...
       I find though that this practice is more advanced than simple meditation and requires a lot of faith and energy, as well as universal love and understanding to heal another... I noticed on some of the other student's blogs that this part of the meditation was confusing to them or that they did not understand it altogether... it is vicariously taking someones pain and then diffusing it through meditative practice and experience, or with divine assistance... it can be frightening to think of taking someones pain into our own selves, and then having the faith and hope to know you can then release or diffuse it, it is an act of love and service...
      I also spend a lot of time focused on positive energy,  projecting and receiving light and positive love... I think sometimes it works just as well to project that positive light and love and dispel negative energy, pain and illness.. you can overcome the negatives with positive energy and trans-personal conveyance... this just dissipates the pain and suffering, in a different way... either technique is valid, but I enjoy positive energy projection or breathing in the pain vicariously and then dispelling it -- I did try both techniques -- you just have to use whichever one works the best in the given circumstances... I just would recommend starting with positive energy transference first, then vicarious inference and release as an alternative technique.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie,
    I did enjoy the meditation exercise, specially from the point of view as you mention the projection of energy. I always think of those who are suffering lately and I wish I could take that feeling away. Now I will be using this new technique frequently to help myself and others.

    ReplyDelete